Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Around the web

Hi all, recently I have been scrambling around for even the lamest excuse to post which as you can see hasn't actually come to mean I post anything at all. My latest foray into posting is to "google" search various key words and see what I find in the results that is interesting. My first attempt was an obvious one and initiated from the title of my site: the word Photo. My results might surprise you a bit in that most of the sites I found have very little actual photography sites. The first hit was photo.net, a site that appears to be an online community of photographers and wanna-be's that interact to post and critique their work a la Flickr but with a less "flavor of the week" smooth as silk home page. The advantage it appears is that it is a very clearly linked site with descriptors like "Member requests for critique" and "Top rated photos." On the whole the site seems to offer a clean, user friendly interface that supports a community of photographers looking to improve themselves. Essentially, a recommended site.
As we go down the list from photofriday.com (A weekly photo challenge site) to our first commercial photography equipment sales site bhphotovideo.com (an excellent, reliable and trustworthy siteby the way) to apples ipod site and on and on and on I noticed one very strange thing. No "photo.com" site came up at all. That got me thinking and believe me very curious about this fact so I started over and typed "photo.com" and wouldn't you know, there it was. I clicked the link and...this came up:
with a link to email them and nothing else. Whoever "they" are. Anyone have any ideas? More to come...

No comments: