Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Fun Flickr Tools


Ok, so I'm not going to say I'm proud of myself because I didn't find this on my own...but I'm proud that I actually posted in under a month and that this is a fun topic. As you may have figured out, I am a Flickr enthusiast and promoter. My good friend and fellow Blogger addict Kevin Skobac (k.b.$kob@c) pointed out a post on Gizmodo that referenced a fun little page that tallied up both a top 100 of camera brands as well as camera models that users of flickr posted pictures from. Well, being the geek that I am I investigated the site (flagrantdisregard.com) further and it contains all sorts of neat "Flickr Toys" The photo I posted above is an example of the magazine cover utility from the site. This is a perfect example of a recent web trend called "Mashing Up" and one that is pretty cool. Basically it takes currently available information from web sites and "mashes" it with other web apps to form a more useful piece of information. CNet News.com has far better explanation and information than I do but I find this trend in web applications pretty interesting. For more information on the subject check this group out called Mashup Camp.

No comments: