Friday, July 11, 2008

Surprisingly Useful...


Not long ago my friend and fellow blogger Kevin managed to send me a link to sign up for Xoopit which is in private beta. I quickly signed up (because honestly who can resist a private beta?) even though I wasn't sure how useful the service would be and I have to say that initially I wasn't all that impressed. I mean it did crawl my gmail account and organize all my photos, videos and attachments into an easy to use interface but honestly with gmail's search function being what it is it wasn't all that necessary. BUT...as I kept getting photo's I noticed that it was not only pulling in attached photo's from my email but also going out and getting photo's from sites like shutterfly, flickr and snapfish and downloading them into an easy to view slideshow format and then organizing them by sender. This has proven to be their most useful feature as far as I'm concerned as it saves me the unbelievable hassle of going to those sites, logging in and using their often unsatisfying slideshows. I'm not sure it works with all photo sites but I'll update further once I know more...Just thought I would share my experience...Oh, by the way, if you want an invite let me know, I have 5 to give out...

No comments: