Friday, August 11, 2006

Iron Workers In Boston Pay Tribute To Cancer Patient


Every day when I go to work I walk past the new Cardiac Treatment Center being built for the Brigham and Womens Hospital. I've never really noticed much about the workers there outside of the fact that they are pretty typical construction workers: loud, dirty, boisterous men with a certain swagger and a not so quiet confidence to them. The one thing you never really think of them as is soft hearted. This stereotype has yet again proven to be false. When I saw an article in the Boston Herald (which is unavailable as of today through their web site) and on the news about the iron workers of the local 7's latest gesture to a cancer patient I was surprised I hadn't noticed it before and was immediately reminded of the iron workers similar messages to Jimmy Fund Patients when the Smith building at the Dana Farber was being built in the late 90's. Well...having seen the pro's photo's in the Herald, I had to try and take my own...so I did. This is one of three, you can see the rest here.

No comments: